Thursday 20 October 2011

The Fix

Things are happening slowly. Damnit!  I just got my engine back from a local Aluminium welding shop, who, attempted to fix my broken engine mount in the lower crankcase.

Ended up not too bad.  Being a perfectionist, I would have liked to see it looking 'as new', but, alas, my $80 only stretched so far according to the guys.  Bit rich really, as I suspect it would have taken them a whole of 30 mins max.  Anyways, beats the hell out of stripping the engine and splitting the cases, to swap cases over!

So, she looks nice from the front now, and the rear, is well, under the engine, but might try and tidy it up with the dremel some more! :)

Best I get to and strip the rest of the paint of the engine now, to make it look decent.


No comments:

Post a Comment