Wednesday 18 January 2012

The Build up - Part... umm... lost count

It seems like I only get 10 mins here and there to work on the steed.  It urks me how 'life' constantly gets in the way of what really matters.... building my motorcycle!
I finally got the right fork polished up.  There's still some 'staining' but I have no idea how to polish it out... it just won't budge!  Must just be some discolouration in the alloy.  When I get the forks rebuilt after my first ride, I'll get the boys to wack the forks over the buffer and see if they can clean it up more.
Below a quick mock up.  She's taking shape!


 I think I have finally decided to do the tank black.  Wahoo!  A decision!  (bet I change my mind next week! hehehehe)  I love the idea of the tank gloss black up top, the white horizontal line, and matt black underneath to hide the shape of the bottom of the tank.  That, and my other realisation, that the wheels should be polished.  The red tank makes it a little difficult to visualise, but the other photos below, give you a better idea...Think it'll look better than Kate Beckinsale on the red carpet...and thats sayin' somethin'. :)


 Damn, those 'Bars look bad ass.  Can't wait to get my new LHS switch, clutch lever and head light from the boys at 'Dime City Cycles' in the US.  These guys are the best at doing CB450 Cafe's... my next project.

 See!  I told you its easier to imagine the black tank!  Hmm... come to think of it... wonder what the wheels would look like sandblasted... That could look cool!

 Finally have thrown the wiring harness in.... now to re-route and tidy up.  Have to wait till I get my new head light first though..... otherwise could stuff it up!  As Dad always taught me... "Measure twice, cut once!".


Check out my nifty little indicators, as used by the boys at 'Wrench Monkees'.  The little alloy bodied 'winkers' as they are known as in Europe, are just sexy.  Took me around 2 hours to drill out the frame lug, and modify the fixing nuts to grind them down to fit inside the frame tube.  But damn.. they look hot!  

Onwards and upwards, on to making brakets for the front indicators.  I want them fixed to the lower triple tree fork bolt.  Bit more minor fabrication coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment