Sunday 25 September 2011

The Find

 So I knew what I wanted.  I just had to find it.  After trolling the internet, 'Just Bikes', the classifieds etc, for some time, I found the perfect bike.  1 owner from new.  Been sitting in a shed in country Victoria for the last 2 years.  Sadly, the old guy that owned it, passed away a couple of years ago, and his '79 sat, tyres deflated, with a tarp over it, in the 'good shed'. He also had a '77 SOHC, that someone else was looking at to purchase, the exact same weekend, that I enquired about the '79.!  Small world!

Anyways, what more could I want.  No rust to speak of, was running up until, the ol' fella passed.  It was complete, mostly original, and cheap.  SOLD!  So apart from a few dodgey photos used to advertise it, I bought it sight unseen.

So yeah, it has 81,000kms on it, but here's hoping, she is ok.  Looks not bad!
 What now?  Get it to QLD!  Do the ring around, and found a local Brisbane motorcycle transport company called 'Bikes Only'.  Thanks to guys, they brought it up in a jiffy, and I picked it up on Friday afternoon.  I was so excited... D could hardly keep me from jumping up and down.  Below, a pic of CeeBee loaded bound for home. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment